Black Bean Burgers with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Yield: 4 Burger Patties
- 1 can of black beans (15 oz.)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (bread crumbs)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, mash the beans with a potato masher or a fork.
2. Mix in the corn, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and egg.
3. Add the panko and mix.
4. Form into 4 patties and put in the fridge to chill, 15 - 20 minutes.
5. In a skillet, add oil and patties and cook for 10 minutes (5 minutes on each side).
6. Put the patties on a bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Creamy Avocado Sauce: Blend together 1 ripe avocado, 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, the juice of one lime, 1/4 of a chopped jalapeño, and add a pinch of salt and pepper. After blended and creamy, add 2 tbs. on top of the black bean burger.
Nutrition Facts for one serving (1 Black Bean Patty): Calories: 119; Total Fat: 1.9g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Sodium: 120mg; Carbohydrates: 21.4g; Fiber: 4.5g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 7g