Schedule a cooking class as your next group discussion for a chance to win this cookbook!
Must be a present and a participant of the American Red Cross WIC to win.
Top 10 Cooking Myths
Click here to learn more.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
4 apples, cored, cut in wedges
½ cup frozen blueberries, thawed
½ cup whole-wheat flour, divided
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup old-fashioned oats
3 tbs. butter, softened
1 tbs. cinnamon
1. Arrange apple slices and blueberries in microwavable dish topped with 2 tbs of flour.
2. In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit
3. Microwave uncovered on high 8-10 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts: 195g, Calories: 232, Total Fat: 7g, Sat. Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 6mg, Total Carbohydrate: 44g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 26g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 5%, Vitamin C: 13%, Calcium: 4%, Iron: 6%. $0.81 per serving. (Calories in Average Apple Cobbler (195g): 415)
2 (2 cup) jars with tight-fitting lids or bags
½ pound red lentils (1 cup)
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons minced dried onion
1 tablespoons curry powder
½ teaspoons garlic powder
½ pound green lentils (1 cup)
1 cup dried apple rings, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoons dried parsley leaves
1. In bottom of each glass jar (or bag):
2. Place ½ cup red lentils; top with ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 ½ tablespoons dried onion, ½ tablespoon curry powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ cup green lentils, ½ cup apple pieces, and ½ tablespoon parsley; in that order.
3. Seal jars and store at room temperature up to 1 month, or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
Prepare labels with cooking instructions and attach to jars. Add these cooking directions to each label before giving as a gift: “Place lentil soup mix in 3-quart saucepan with 3-4 cups water or broth. Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes 4 cups soup.”
Makes 2 (1 quart) jars, each jar serves 4
Nutritional information per serving; 1 cup soup, cooked